Embodied Equine Psychotherapy™ Level 1 Certification
Embodied Equine Psychotherapy™ was developed by Åsa Woodman, founder of The Institute for Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. Åsa is a licensed psychotherapist, certified Gestalt Equine Therapist, Sivananda yoga teacher, Centered Riding Instructor and a Level 3 Harmony Horsemanship Coach. Embodied Equine Psychotherapy™ was developed over many years, utilizing all these approaches and combining evidence based techniques with a touch of magic. At its core, Embodied Equine Psychotherapy™ is about whole being living, listening to our body’s intelligence, and true connection to others.
EEP™ is an experiential, somatic and relational approach to working with clients. In this training, you will learn how to partner with the herd and help create meaningful change for your clients.
What we do:
- Listen to the horses and let them guide sessions
- Listen to our body and trust our intuition
- Pay attention to our environment and utilize what unfolds
- Focus on the present moment
- Emphasis personal responsibility
- Use grounding tools and techniques to help clients enter their body
- Follow evidence based process for working with trauma.
- Less talking, more experiencing
- Connection, connection, connection
- I- Thou relationships
- Choose courage over comfort for both therapist and client.
What we don’t do:
- Use horses as tools to meet our needs
- Create experiences for the client and process afterwards
- Plan ahead
- Project onto horses
This course is for mental health professionals and coaches interested in the field of Equine Assisted work.
Due to the experiential nature of this training, we are limiting this to 10 participants. Everyone who attends will be asked to dig deep and be open to working on themselves as we learn. Experiential means, you will learn by experiencing, which we believe, is how you will embody this work.
“Knowledge is only a rumor until it lives in the muscle” Asari Tribe
4 day training
Dec 2-3, and 9-10
New Gloucester, ME