Elemental Equine Retreats
A collaboration between Hideaway Acres and IEAP
CUSTOMIZED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Breaking Down Burnout: Horsemanship to transform your team.
Facing unprecedented stress, teammates are distracted, withdrawn, unfocused or leaving their jobs. Progress is slow and project deadlines drag on. Burnout is at an all time high. We can help.
The solution isn’t vacation – it’s engagement: reconnecting with our authentic selves, with our teammates, and with our purpose. Our horses have shown us the way.
Horses are deeply authentic and highly attuned. Unable to separate their feelings from their thoughts or actions, they respond to minute changes in their herd and their environment with absolute honesty. It allows for efficient communication within the herd to keep everyone secure and connected.
As human partners, we have developed tools and strategies for managing ourselves, our interactions and the environment to promote healthy and productive habits for our horses – and our teams. The toolbox is open to you.
Step into our herd. There are ways to engage at every level.
- Watch how our pony Hope asserts her leadership within her herd and compare it to how our thoroughbred Brennen manages his herd.
- Put yourself in a challenging situation by learning a new skill and notice how your body and thoughts respond to the pressure.
- Learn how we use pressure to cue our horses and practice modulating the pressure you use.
- Explore ways to motivate a horse to move around an open space without touching it.
- Understand how we manage our horses well-being to optimize their performance as athletes.
- Apply the principles of herd communication to your relationships, of horse training to personal development, and of herd management to team building.
We are your guides. With backgrounds in coaching, training, neuroscience, behavioral health and psychotherapy, we’ll help you explore the patterns within yourself and your relationships from a new perspective.
- Understand and influence your own cycle of perception, emotion, cognition and behavior
- Discover and utilize your individual strengths
- Expand your awareness of the experience of others
- Interpret the behavior of teammates with compassion
- Shift your mindset from protective reactions to collaborative responses
- Become thoughtful and purposeful about the connections within your team
- Streamline communication by identifying and resolving emotional obstacles
- Increase the ratio of signal to noise in communication
- Build trust through consistency and self-discipline
- Develop awareness of how your reactions and responses reinforce your teammates
- Choose responses that support positive habits within your team
- Rekindle camaraderie with shared experiences
Let us design an experience for your group.Just like our herds, every team is unique. Our training program isn’t one-size-fits-all and neither is this. We’ll work with you to create a curriculum that fits your needs on your schedule.
- Groups of up to 12
- Weekdays or weekends
- Half day, full day, or multi-day workshops
- Indoor and outdoor activities
- Budgets from $300 to $900 per person