Embodied Equine Psychotherapy™ Level 1, 2022
Embodied Equine Psychotherapy™ was developed by Åsa Woodman, founder of The Institute for Equine Assisted Practices. Åsa is a licensed psychotherapist, certified Gestalt Equine Therapist, Sivananda yoga teacher, Centered Riding Instructor and a Level 3 Harmony Horsemanship Coach. Embodied Equine Psychotherapy™ was developed over many years, utilizing all these approaches and combining evidence based techniques with a touch of magic. At its core, Embodied Equine Psychotherapy™ is about whole being living, listening to our body’s intelligence, and true connection to others.
EEP™ is an experiential, somatic and relational approach to working with clients. In this training, you will learn how to partner with the herd and help create meaningful change for your clients.
What we do:
* Listen to the horses and let them guide sessions
* Listen to our body and trust our intuition
* Pay attention to our environment and utilize what unfolds
* Focus on the present moment
* Emphasize personal responsibility
* Use grounding tools and techniques to help clients enter their body
* Follow evidence based process for working with trauma.
* Less talking, more experiencing
* Connection, connection, connection
* I- Thou relationships
* Choose courage over comfort for both therapist and client.
What we don’t do:
* Use horses as tools to meet our needs
* Create experiences for the client and process afterwards
* Create session before it starts
* Project onto horses
“Knowledge is only a rumor until it lives in the muscle” Asari Tribe
4 day on site training and 4 individual phone sessions.
August 27-28, 10-4
September 10-11 10-4
Location- Hideaway Acres, 41 Gabriel Woods Rd, New Gloucester ME
Phone sessions will be scheduled between student and teachers.